- name: clever_malloc_removal
- description: Drives inlining to remove mallocs in a clever way
- command-line: –clever-malloc-removal
- command-line for negation: –no-clever-malloc-removal
- option type: boolean option
- default: False
Try to inline flowgraphs based on whether doing so would enable malloc removal (–translation-backendopt-mallocs.) by eliminating calls that result in escaping. This is an experimental optimization, also right now some eager inlining is necessary for helpers doing malloc itself to be inlined first for this to be effective. This option enable also an extra subsequent malloc removal phase.